Battery 'fuel gauge', residual flow indicator and much more
The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere hours consumed, the discharge current, the temperature and the age of the battery. Complex software algorithms are required to account for all these variables. In addition to basic display options such as voltage, current and amp-hours consumed, the Victron BMV-700 Series also displays the charge level, remaining time and power consumption in watts.
The Victron BMV-702 has an additional input that can be programmed to measure voltage (from a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage (see below).
With the Bluetooth Smart Dongle you can monitor your batteries from an Apple or Android smartphone, tablet, Macbook and other devices.
Easy to install
All electrical connections are made with the PCB connector on the current shunt. The shunt is connected to the monitor via a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included in delivery: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); No other components are required.
Also included are a separate front panel for a square or round display; a safety ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Easy programming (with your Smartphone!)
A quick installation menu and a detailed setup menu with scrolling support the user when making the various settings.
Alternatively, a quick and easy solution can be used: Download the Smartphone App (Bluetooth Smart Dongle required)
A battery bank consists of a string of cells connected in series. The center voltage is the voltage after half of the string. In the ideal case, the midpoint voltage is exactly half the
Total voltage. In practice, however, there are deviations. These depend on numerous factors, such as different states of charge for new batteries or cells, different temperatures, internal leakage currents, capacities and many more.
Large or increasing deviations of the center voltage indicate improper battery care or a defective battery or cell. Corrective action following a midpoint voltage alarm can prevent serious damage to an expensive battery. Please refer to the manual for more information.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere hours used and state of charge
- Remaining time at current discharge rate
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay to switch off insignificant loads or to switch on a generator if necessary.
- A 500 amp quick-connect shunt and connection kit.
- Shunt capacity up to 10,000 amps selectable.
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical data that can be used to assess usage patterns and battery condition.
- Wide input voltage range: 9.5 - 95 V
- High current measurement resolution 10 mA (0.01 A)
- Low power consumption 2.9 Ah per month (4 mA) at 12 V and 2.2 Ah per month (3 mA) at 24 V