ForwardScan™ Sonar is the ideal forward looking two dimensional echo-sounder for all power and sail boats that want safety and peace of mind that comes with knowing the depth of the water ahead of the boat. Unlike other Forward-looking sounders, the ForwardScan™ can display bottom imagery up to 8 times the current depth, it integrates with your onboard NS evo2 or Zeus Touch providing full control at any operating station
- Provides water depth information in front of the boat to allow boaters to confidently navigate shallow or poorly charted waters
- Look ahead view is capable of up to 8 times the depth however the normal operating range is 4 to 5 times the depth. Ex 10’ depth would provide a 80’ forward view
- Operates at 180kHz to reduce interference from tradition 200kHz echo sounders.Transmits and receives up to ten times faster than previous forward looking systems providing a real time update.
- Easy Auto Ranging: Auto forward range and auto depth range default options update the range scales to best suit the viewing of the depth in front of the boat with no button pushing. The deeper the depth range the further forward range. The shallower the depth range the shorter forward range
- Unlike other forward looking sonar solutions this is fully integrated to the network allowing control and viewing of the ForwardScan™ information on multiple displays simultaneously and even via GoFree on a tablet.
- Network Options: Connect directly to Sonar Hub or NSS evo2. ForwardScan™ Sonar view available on the following displays NSS Evo2/3, NSO Evo2/3, Zeus 2/3. Note: If another traditional transducer is connected to the same echo sounder as the forward scan, it will be paused while the ForwardScan™ is been displayed.
Unique Selling Point
- Look way beyond the bow of your boat for confident navigation of shallow water or poorly charter areas
- Complete integration maximizes viewing and control
- Easy to view and operate with unique Bottom Coloring and Auto Scaling
- Proven installation using a standard 2” stainless thru-hull fitting which allows for a transducer plug design install and removal while boat is in water
- Flexible networking with direct connect to SonarHub or NSS Evo2.
The following current products will require free software updates to be compatible with the ForwardScan™ transducer which will be available on the Simrad and B&G support website near availability of the ForwardScan™ transducer NSS Evo2 Zeus 2 SonarHub